For Year 10 and 11 Key Stage 4 (GCSE) the students will be studying the Edexcel 1-9 GCSE course (1HI0P).
Students study units focused on:
- British medicine from 1250 to the present day (30%).
- Anglo Saxon and Norman England (20%).
- Superpower relations and the Cold War (20%).
- Weimar and Nazi Germany (30%).
Students following this course will sit three exams at the end of Year 11. There is no controlled assessment. The dates for the exams for the 2020 examination series are below.
- Monday June 1st, 2020 - Medicine through time exam (1 hour 15 minutes)
- Thursday June 4h 2020–Anglo Saxon and Norman England and Superpower Relations and the Cold War exam (1 hour 45 minutes)
- Tuesday June 9th, 2020 – Germany 1918-1939 exam (1 hour 20 minutes)