BBC Sounds - Geography Links
Here you will find a number of links to interesting programmes which you can listen to which link to the Geographical knowledge and skills that you will develop in the classroom.
1. Forest Fires and Climate Change - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000nc25
2. American Bald Eagle - https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04t0v6r
3. Air conditioning and the environment - https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000p109
4. Earth as a country! - https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00zd8f7
5. Build, build, build - https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000mj28
Geographers will learn about the complex human and physical processes and begin to ask questions about challenges and solutions to geographical issues. Geographers will develop geographical skills in interpreting various data sources and continue to enrich their locational knowledge and special understanding with a focus on places specific details.
Students will be introduced to a wide variety of issues facing our environment and develop ways to identify, describe, explain analyse, evaluate and assess topics including climate change, immigration, population increase, resource consumption, urbanisation and sustainability. As part of the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development, students will have opportunities to engage in discussions and activities which highlight the diversity of the world in which they live and learn about various societies, cultures and belief systems.