Your child may be eligible for free school meals If you receive:-
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working tax credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal credit with annual net earned income of less than £7,400
If your child is eligible for free school meals, they will remain eligible until they finish school.
Any students in full-time attendance at school, who continue to be eligible, may receive free school meals until their 19th birthday.
How do I apply for FREE SCHOOL MEALS?
You can complete the application form below or apply online at http://freeschoolmeals.leicester.gov.uk or phone on 0116 454 1009 (make sure you have your natio nal insurance number when you call)
You can provide proof of eligibility as follows:-
For all qualifying benefits listed;
Complete the details of the person claiming benefit on the application form and tick the box to give your permission for the Local Authority to check your entitlement online.
Alternatively you can provide proof in one of the following ways:
- Income Support - letter of entitlement to Income Support which must be dated no more than 6 weeks before the date of application.
- Income Based Job Seeker’s Allowance - letter of entitlement to Income Based Jobseekers Allowance which must be dated no more than 6 weeks before the date of application.
- Child Tax Credit - Tax Credit Award TC602(A), as supplied by the Inland Revenue for the current tax year.
- National asylum seeker support - Vouchers as supplied by the Inland Revenue.
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit - Pension Credit Award Notice (M1000) for current tax year.
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance - letter of entitlement to Income Related Employment and Support Allowance which must be dated no more than 6 weeks before the date of application.
- Universal Credit – proof in writing of receiving Universal Credit
If you need any help completing the form then we are only too happy to help.
Contact: Mrs C McCormack, Customer Care Manager on 0116 231 8500
Once you have completed your form, return it to New College Leicester and we will deal with it.