We offer a rich and inspiring curriculum enabling each individual to explore their potential, build on their strengths and discover their passion. We do this by embedding a culture of respect, responsibility, resourcefulness and resilience. Our curriculum journey empowers students to make successful life choices and meaningful contributions to society.
There are 5 key principles underpinning the design of the college’s curriculum:
- It is a broad and balanced curriculum that is appropriately challenging.
- The curriculum addresses and rebalances some of the local area inequalities.
- It is inclusive and differentiated to meet individual needs of students.
- There is a strong emphasis on English and mathematics to ensure basic skills are embedded at an early stage to allow students to access the wider curriculum.
- The curriculum ensures that students have equal access to support and enrichment opportunities to enhance their curriculum experience