New College Leicester became a Foundation School in June 2010.
The Governance of the school is carried out through a Trust Board and a Governing Body which consists of:-
- A Trust Board with seven Trustees
- A Governing Body with a Board of Governors elected in accordance with the formal Governance structure
The Trust Board:
- Takes on ownership of the school’s land and assets
- Sets the school’s future direction and maximises external resources
The Governing Body:
- is responsible for all aspects of the day to day conduct of the school and is a separate entity from the Trust Board.
- is responsible for employing the school staff; approving the school budget and monitoring performance
New College Leicester remains a local authority maintained school.