New College Leicester became a Foundation School with Charitable Trust status in June 2010.
The Governance of the school is carried out through a Trust Board and a Governing Body which consists of:-
- A Trust Board with eight Trustees who were appointed from external partners and supporters to the school
- A Governing Body with a Board of Governors elected in accordance with the formal Governance structure
The Trust Board:
- Takes on ownership of the school’s land and assets
- Sets the school’s future direction and maximises external resources
The External partners on the Trust Board are:
- CfBT Education Trust – The third largest educational charity in Britain with a proven track record of ensuring rapid school improvement
- Leicester City Local Authority – The local authority provide support in raising attainment of all students
- Wyggeston and Queen Elizabeth I College – Provide Post 16 expertise
The Governing Body:
- is responsible for all aspects of the day to day conduct of the school and is a separate entity from the Trust Board.
- is responsible for employing the school staff; approving the school budget and monitoring performance
New College remains a local authority maintained school.